Job Title: PR Intern (M/F)
Reporting To: PR Manager
Contract Term: Temp
Location: Schiphol-Rijk, Amsterdam
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
We are currently looking for an intern for Activision CEEMEA PR department that will fill in the position of CEEMEA PR Trainee during his/her internship period.
You will be part of the CEEMEA PR team and will assist the PR Manager working on main Activision titles. Internally you will closely work with the Brand Managers and the European Head Office in UK. Externally you will be in regular contact with local PR agencies and partners across CEEMEA countries.
What countries are included under the CEEMEA umbrella in Activision?
Central Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Balkans); Middle East Africa (Middle East, South Africa, Turkey, Greece, Israel, Cyprus).
Your tasks during the internship consist of the following*:
- Support in communication plans development and execution including PR strategy, PR tools management, product positioning across all CEEMEA countries, with special focus on Middle East, Poland and Russia
- Analyse results of PR campaigns (post mortem) across press, YouTube and social and build reporting and recommendations together with the PR Manager
- Assist in the localisation in Arabic of communication tools: press releases, graphical assets, trailers, social media posts
- Translation of articles, YouTubers’ videos, posts from Arabic to English.
- Search for new enthusiastic supporters among press, YouTubers, social media trend setters and celebrities
- Coordinate events (e.g. corporate events, international and local events): press attendance, contents, activities, logistics, reporting
- Study competitors’ best PR activities
- Cover PR Manager’s tasks in her absence
- Support Brand Managers in selected marketing activities
Based in Schiphol–Rijk in an office park under the smoke of Amsterdam, situated only 5 minutes from the Airport Schiphol. The office houses a host of different divisions within Activision|Blizzard including; Sales, Marketing, PR, HR, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Tax & VAT. Schiphol–Rijk is easily accessible by car and public transport and it also offers a bus running every 5 minutes to the Airport and train station during daily rush hours. Our Schiphol–Rijk facility offers all employees free fruits and drinks and a games room.