Job Title: Trade Marketing & Business Intelligence Trainee
Department: Market Operations
Reporting To: Senior Trade Marketer and Sales Analyst
Contract Term: Temp
Location: Schiphol-Rijk, Amsterdam
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
We are currently looking for an intern for the Trade Marketing department that will fill in the position of Trade Marketing & Business Intelligence Trainee during his/her internship period.
What does the Trade Marketing department do?
The Trade Marketing part of the department focuses on marketing activities specifically aimed at the (online-) consumer with different retail formulas at the centre of attention.
The Business Intelligence part focuses on monitoring and utilizing metrics within the market, such as procurement and sales numbers as well as consumer research.
During your internship you will report directly to the Senior Trade Marketer & Sales Analyst. It is mainly a working internship in which you will have the chance to actively contribute to the Trade Marketing-team of Activision Blizzard.
Your tasks during the internship consist of the following*:
- Preparing product presentations for the Sales, Trade & Marketing department
- Supporting and (partly) implementing Trade plans
- Monitoring the execution of Trade Marketing by means of store visits/ online visits
- Assisting the Sales team with the implementation and execution of different activities
- Data analysis and (by use of metrics) monitoring developments (of games)
- Weekly analysing the physical and digital performances
- Weekly analysing and advising in purchasing and sales opportunities
- Monitoring and advising regarding promotions
When proven adequate the intern could potentially receive more and different projects.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, analytical and proactive intern on at least HBO-level with a high dose of perseverance.
- Has good communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Has a good (statistical) understanding of analyses
- Has affinity with video games and the entertainment industry
- Is a quick learner and has an independent and proactive attitude
- Is representative and easy in initiating contact with other people
- Is a true worker and can work on 10 things simultaneously without losing focus on the quality work and work in general
- Is skilled in working with the computer (especially programs such as PowerPoint, Excel and potentially Photoshop)
- Has a flexible working-attitude and feels at home in an informal corporate environment
When: starting January 2017
Send your motivation and CV per mail to Michiel Schop at Michiel.email@example.com
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Based in Schiphol – Rijk in a very green office park under the smoke of Amsterdam, situated only 5 minutes from the Airport Schiphol. The office houses a host of different divisions within Activision|Blizzard including; Sales, Marketing, HR, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Tax & VAT. Schiphol – Rijk is easily accessible by car and public transport and it also offers a bus running every 5 minutes to the Airport and train station during daily rush hours. Our Schiphol – Rijk facility offers all employees free fruits and drinks and a games room.