Traineeship Editorial coordinator in Baarn
Onderwijs en wetenschap
|Branche:||Gezondheidszorg | Medisch|
Rditorial coordinator traineeship.
The trainee will have to organise the development of our different medical publications, both online and in print. Two important publications are the Conference Reports on the one hand, and the online Physician network it is developing on the other.
The Conference Reports covers a rising number of the main European and American medical conferences, in specialisations that vary from diabetes to cancer. For every conference, the most novel and relevant findings are covered and written down in a report meant for medical specialists. The online physician network provides amongst others a regular flow of medical news, but also hosts conference coverage, and Topic Centers covering specific therapeutic areas.
The trainee editorial coordinator will primarily be responsible for the coordination between the (guest) editor, the advisory board of expert peer-reviewers, the medical writers, the medical officer, the commercial team and the graphical designers. Among the tasks of the editorial coordinator is also the recruitment of experts to fill the roles of editor and advisory board members. It is also entirely possible that she will need to write a piece of the report herself, and visit the congresses being covered. The editorial coordinator must also keep a close eye on the text herself, to make sure that the reports are consistently of high quality and well readable.
The trainee editorial coordinator is heavily involved in every step of the publication process, as well as the checks that are necessary after the text has been fitted into the proper layout. She is responsible for the quality and timely delivery of the definitive publication.
At any moment, an editorial coordinator can be busy with recruiting experts for one conference, while checking the text of another one, and coordinating with a writer or designer for the realisation of a third conference. In short, this is the ideal entry role for someone interested in medical science, publishing, and who likes a challenging traineeship.
- Planning of conference reports, both (semi)annual planning and the (project)planning of each conference report
- Content management in specific Therapeutic areas
- Inviting and instructing scientific editors, peer-reviewers and medical writers
- Co-ordinating the editorial process and overseeing the peer-review process
- Checking and editing texts and images to ensure proper English as well as readability
- Making time-sensitive choices about the contents of the report
- Choosing and creating a short human interest story for each conference
- Where needed: coordinating writers while attending the conference, interfacing with the editor, covering sessions at the conference, writing missing content
|Studierichting(en):||Gezondheidszorg | Sport & Beweging
Dagelijks vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox ontvangen?
|Online Marketing Communicatie Verzekering.nl €450|
|Den Haag Centrum|
|Stagiair Social Media HR | Tergooi Academie|
|Marketingtopper met Financiële Affiniteit|